Worship – a time for our community to connect with God
During this time of COVID-19 concerns, please check our Facebook page for up-to-date information about services and activities at St. Timothys.
We are using Facebook Live to hold online Worship at 10:15, and Youth programming at 11:00.
You can watch live, or later, at: Facebook LIve-Videos
Lyrics for songs used during this week’s worship are at: Worship Songs
Find the recorded services on our YouTube channel: St. Timothys UMC Cedar Falls Iowa
To participate in Adult Sunday School at 9:00, Worship at 10:15, or Fellowship Time following worship via Zoom, contact the church office to be added to the invitation list.
NOTE – You do NOT need to have an account on Facebook or YouTube or Zoom in order to access these resources.
Permission to podcast/stream the music in these services obtained from OneLicense with license A-709143. All rights reserved.
Every Sunday (Sep – May)
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. – Sunday School for Adults
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. – Worship & Sunday School for Youth
- 11:15 a.m. – Coffee and Fellowship
Every Sunday (Jun – Aug)
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. – Adult Sunday School
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. – Worship
- 11:15 a.m. – Coffee and Fellowship
What makes St. Timothys worship services special?
Some say it’s the time of sharing joys and concerns. We encourage all who attend to join us in our time of community prayer, as in this safe space, people share out loud their special concerns and joys.
Others say it’s the music. Our talented music staff encourages anyone and everyone who would like to participate in varied and exciting ways. You’ll find a wide variety of music enhances each and every worship service.
Come, and expect to be uplifted, comforted, and challenged to grow.
What if I don’t see anybody I know there?
Not to worry! We’ll do our best to make you feel at home and among friends.
Are children included in the time of worship?
Absolutely! There is a nursery available for the very young, but children have a special place in our worship services.
- There is a special “Young Disciples” time just for them, when they join the pastor up front.
- Themes covered in Sunday School are reinforced during worship.
- We treasure the times when young people share their musical gifts and talents.
Is worship just the “same-old-same-old” every Sunday?
No way! We have one worship service each Sunday morning, but you’ll be surprised at the many styles of worship and music you’ll find blended together.
- Once a month we welcome all to Christ’s table for Communion.
- Meditative and moving services are offered on
- Ash Wednesday (usually in February)
- Maundy Thursday (before Easter).
- Special music and dramatic scripture readings often enhance:
- Palm and Easter Sundays
- Advent worship (4 Sundays before Christmas)
- Christmas Eve is a popular worship service.
- Filled with special music
- Readings of the Christmas Story
What should I wear?
Some people dress up, many people come casual. Just wear whatever is comfortable for you.
I’m unable to attend in person. What are my options?
CD recordings of the entire worship service are available. Contact the office if you would like a copy.
St. Timothys is especially blessed with God’s gift of Music
- We welcome anyone who likes to sing — no auditions.
- Rehearsals are held most Wednesday evenings during the school year, from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Our chancel choir sometimes sings cantatas for Christmas and/or Easter.
- We have a beautiful set of handbells and chimes that are rung regularly throughout the year. Members perform as a choir, in conjunction with the Chancel Choir, as soloists and in small bell groups.
- Bell Choir meets Wednesday evenings at 8:00 pm, following Chancel Choir rehearsal.
- Everyone is welcome – come and give it a try!
Music Ensembles and other Special Music
- Various music ensembles, including a jazz ensemble, vocal ensemble and folk music ensemble, perform special music throughout the year.
- Throughout the year, we welcome soloists from the St. Tims family and Cedar Valley to share their talents during worship.
- During the summer months, when the Chancel and Bell choirs do not perform, individuals and small groups looking for performance opportunities are especially welcome.